the longer i stand here, the louder the silence
My blogging track hasn’t been good of late. But meh, it’s the holidays and I’ve been super busy. I worked so much last week and this week (all together, so far 74 hours in the last 10 days or so). And I’m still ridiculously poor 😐 Perhaps because I just paid my hosting bill of $345 USD and my internet bill of $100 AUD :S
But…HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! *HUGS ALL*
I’ve never cared much about the New Years celebration but my family had a little get together which was kinda nice. This year seems important to me, more than usual. I’m not sure why but perhaps last year was one of a lot of change and while a ‘new slate’ would be nice, I’m also scared what it’ll bring.
And perhaps because I’m entering in my 3rd year of pharmacy and after seeing my sister and her friends go through it, I’m terribly afraid. It’s apparently non-stop studying. Seriously 😐 I am the queen of procrastination and not studying. My sister says I’ve mastered the ability to look like I’m studying when I’m not 🙂
My New Year resolutions (pretty much the same every year):
- Study harder!
- Word hard on Three-Words and my other domain (but I get a feeling that this will conflict with the above resolution :S)
- Be nicer to my parents
- Write more (including blogging)
The rest of the post is a meme that the lovely Kathy tagged me in.
I’m tagging: Kristy, Amano, Shiki, Wyona, Delphine, Lydia, Melissa, Dei, Carol and Caro.
Sue me, that’s 10 people, I know. Oh and you guys don’t have to do it if you don’t wish 🙂
Expect another blog soon! (as in not in the next month hehehe ^^).
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post
- Go to their page and tell them you have tagged him/her.
- No tag backs.
- No “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You legitimately (AKA, really, truly, with all honesty) have to tag 11 people.
11 things about me…
- Studying pharmacy – I’ve learnt how to poison someone and make it look like an accident.
- My music collection is never static – I listen to practically anything.
- Also a movie/TV Show junkie. In fact, both my music and video collection has filled up 3TB of an external lol!
- I’m Vietnamese but I regularly get mistaken as being Filipino. I get what I refer as the ‘kindred’ smile a lot by Filipinos until they realise I’m not one of them 🙂 But Filipinos are such nice people.
- I love chicken.
- Petite and young-looking, I get mistaken as being much younger.
- I have two dogs – one who’s practically grown up with me, and one that’s a recent addition to the family.
- I’m a seriously good procrastinator but if I get in the groove, don’t stop me unless you want to feel my wrath.
- I like painting my nails 🙂
- I dread and hate going to work until I’m actually there – then I become a workaholic.
- I seriously suck at thinking of 11 things about me
11 questions for the people I tag:
- If you had to have a sensory deprivation (loss of sight, taste, smell, touch or hearing) which one would it be and why?
- Are you afraid of heights?
- Are you looking forward to 2012?
- What was the last movie that you watched?
- What talent of yours is the one that you’re proudest of?
- Do you have any pets?
- What public holiday do you enjoy the most?
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is your best feature? (e.g. nice eyes, flawless skin etc)
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Current obsession?
Happy New Year! \o/
Meh, I’m one heck of a procrastinator too XD so don’t worry~ worst, this holiday is turning me into a dead sloth. -__-
“Be Nicer to my parents” – ah yeah, I can get use to this new year’s resolution too.
Whoot~ meme |D I like memes hihihi. will do it in the next entry :3
btw, thanks for the compliment about the hair. I’m proud with how it turns out too ;D ah, it’s fine you know..just highlight it permanently. once you highlight hair, the color will never be gone 🙂 it stays forever. well unless you change color of course.. haha.
Happy new year and I hope 2012 will be amazing for you! 🙂 I don’t really have any new year resolutions because I don’t follow or fulfill them anyway. But I do have some goals in my mind, perhaps I will do better that way. 🙂
All the best with your new year resolutions!
I’ll answer your questions here!
If you had to have a sensory deprivation (loss of sight, taste, smell, touch or hearing) which one would it be and why?
– Smell and taste sort of come together, right? I would say touch, really. I can’t bear the thought of not being able to taste my food, or not being able to see or hear anything.
Are you afraid of heights?
– YES YES YES. I don’t know how I developed this fear but I think it probably started because of I always visit this shopping mall with really low railings and whenever you look over you might just fall off. When I went for this leadership training camp I had to do a lot of height activities and I almost died for all of them. I don’t mind climbing up something and quickly jumping off but making me stay UP THERE is like asking me to kill myself.
– Are you looking forward to 2012?
– What was the last movie that you watched?
You, Again. It wasn’t very good.
What talent of yours is the one that you’re proudest of?
Writing. And i don’t mean blogging or doing work for school but creative, literary works.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, a hamster I really really adore. I used to have a dog. For ten years. And then she died of old age. 🙁 I miss her terribly.
What public holiday do you enjoy the most?
Christmas~~~ Though my Christmas night was ruined by this stupid guy who trolled me on Facebook. And oh yes, Chinese New Year, too!
How did you get into blogging?
I have no idea!
What is your best feature? (e.g. nice eyes, flawless skin etc)
Definitely not my nose. My friends and I were joking that all of us have bulbous noses (My Bulbous Nose) so we’re called MBN (which actually stands for Moving Bubble of Noise, given to us by a friend who said that we’re super loud and the noise moves when we do). My eyes, maybe?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
MANY PLACES. I’d definitely go to Bangkok again because I love that place so much. Last night I dreamt that I was in Switzerland. Yeah, maybe that place.
Hm. I have no idea.
Ah this is Kaitlin from felixfelicis!
I’ve changed my URL to mistersparrow.net, just thought i’d let you know!
Happy new year!
I didn’t do much for new years, just stayed home on the computer basically aha!
yeah, I’m not much of a study person either, I tend to do better when i either study last minute, or don’t at all lmao
I don’t really have any new years resolutions… maybe i’ll try to stop being so lazy! aha
Happy 2012! Some Vietnamese look a lot like Filipinos. I bet you always get those a lot, and when I mean a lot, I mean most of the time. Oh and teach me how to poison people, I always want to learn that! 🙂
Happy new year, Misaki!
“I’ve mastered the ability to look like I’m studying when I’m not” – me too.
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. If you had to have a sensory deprivation (loss of sight, taste, smell, touch or hearing) which one would it be and why?
Well, it definitely wouldn’t be sight…I suppose smell, because it’s the one that would affect me least.
2. Are you afraid of heights?
I never considered myself to be afraid of heights when I was younger, but now that I’m older I’m more wary about taking risks. It is a little scary to look down at the ground when you’re on the top floor of a tall building and imagine yourself falling off.
3.Are you looking forward to 2012?
HELL YESSS, I’ll be a second-semester senior and then graduate and get a job and go to college and vote! (Actually, I’m pretty nervous about these things.)
4. What was the last movie that you watched?
The Nightmare on Elm Street – spooky.
5. What talent of yours is the one that you’re proudest of?
Erm…I’m not that good at anything, but I can remember (some) things well, like the capitals of countries or random details about things that happened many years ago. I also memorized almost 60 digits of pi in 8th grade…because in my math classroom there was a poster with the digits of pi, and I was bored.
6. Do you have any pets?
Noooo, but I’ve always wanted a cat. My parents didn’t want the responsibility of finding someone to take care of a pet when we went on vacation, and my sister is mildly allergic to cats. Sometimes I take care of someone’s cat at our house when she goes on vacation.
7. What public holiday do you enjoy the most?
Christmas – our family gets together, makes good food, and exchanges presents! Plus, there’s no school for a week!
8. How did you get into blogging?
My first websites were animanga graphic/resource sites. I had visited other blogs and thought it would be cool to have a place where I could share my opinions. And I wanted it to be more private than, say, having a site at BlogSpot. I also liked designing and coding my own layouts.
9. What is your best feature? (e.g. nice eyes, flawless skin etc)
Ahh, nothing really. I guess my eyes are okay, but they’re hard to put eyeliner on. I wish my eyelashes were longer and curlier like my sister’s. It’s not fair =(
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Italy. I’d love to see Venice, Rome, the village my great grandmother was from, and a lot of other places!
Angel Haze, a rapper on YouTube.
I will be doing the other part of the meme soon!